Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Picture of the Day 2/19/2013 Sassy Runs as Fast as She Can

Sassy is eight years old.  The other four hens in the flock will be one year old this spring.

Every day when I come home from work, I go out to visit the girls, do poo patrol, and give them an afternoon treat.

Since the flock knows that I come bearing treats, they all come running.  Even Sassy.  But Sassy doesn't run anymore -- she waddles along.  At her own speed.  And if there is snow in her way, she goes around it.

The other girls know that until Sassy gets there, they do not get their treats.  They have not learned patience, but they know that Sassy will get there eventually.

Look how nicely Sassy's feathers have grown back.  Such a pretty lady.

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! Sassy is a very pretty girl. I hope some of my hens make it to 8 years old.

    ReplyDelete