I haven't tried these yet; I am waiting until I have extra eggs.
These little morsels of yumminess are full of flavour and easy to make ahead of time and then reheat for breakfast, brunch or snack! And of course you can mix it up and try different fillings if you like!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Makes: 12 Muffins
1 medium onion, diced
1 cup diced ham (or sausage)
1 tablespoon margarine
1 cup diced peppers (red, green, yellow)
3/4 cup cheese, grated
20-25 vegetable crackers, crumbled (or Ritz crackers)
- Line muffin tin with liners.
- In saucepan, fry onion and ham with margarine. Add in peppers.
- Add a spoonful of filling into each muffin paper using about 3/4 of filling. Save some for top.
- Add 3/4 of the cheese. Save some for top.
- Beat eggs together, adding in crumbled crackers.
- Fill each muffin paper with egg mixture, then top with remaining filling and cheese.
- Bake @ 350° for 30 minutes.