Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dairy Free Ice Cream Using Almond Milk

I have been searching for dairy free ice cream for Jakob.  I love ice cream and sorbet, as do the boys.  So, the search began for dairy-free, easy to make ice cream or sorbet for the child that doesn't tolerate dairy.

I found an ever so delightful book full of raw recipes! With slight variations to these recipes, I have discovered wonderful cream desserts for the boys and me to enjoy! Each recipe only takes 5 minutes to make as well.

The recipe:
1 cup almond milk
5 dried apricots (soak if hard)
2 cups frozen cherries
1 medium frozen banana
1 Tablespoon raw honey or agave nectar
1 Tablespoon raw, unrefined coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt

Put all ingredients in a blender and blend on medium for 30 seconds.  Then blend on high for 30 more seconds.  Serve immediately.  Yield 2 servings.

From Raw Energy by Stephanie Tourles



No comments:

Post a Comment